Saturday, December 20, 2014

The Crayon Box that Talked

     My class started getting a little snippy with each other and had some difficulties sharing and being kind earlier this month.  We addressed the problem by reading "The Crayon Box That Talked" by Shane Derolf and Michael Letzig.



    Then, students worked together using crayons to draw a cooperative picture.  I listened for kind words and actions toward each other.  We talked about how it felt to use and to receive kind words.  I took a picture of each group working.
















\
Later, I hung the drawings along with the photos and book for display.  This has been the most popular display in the classroom.  My students love to find their photo and the things they drew.  I like to think that it is because they enjoyed the good feeling of kindness and remember it when they remember their work.

Enjoy, 

Molly

No comments:

Post a Comment